Wednesday, March 25

The Game of Life ..



If you thought this was going to be a serious post cos of the title ..think again .. No way !!! I am battling this horrendous writer's block , so It's old post time !!...

This is the tale of my illustrious real estate career and assorted other interests.. In my humble opinion, I've built them all …libraries, workshops, ramblers (have to look up that word in the dictionary), colonial homes, estates, coffee shops and parks. After a lot of hard work, I've raked in a colossal $ 10,201,400.
Do I smell something burning??

Now, that's easily my career best. Well, I've been practicing becoming a real estate tycoon by playing "Build a Lot" lately. And it's taken me almost a week to perfect the game with the kinds of odds against me.. For starters, I can get only one hour free trial download from each gaming site.

Then there is a problem of finding enough sites that have thisgame. I've reached a point where I have downloaded every free trial available on the internet for this game. I've also used 4 other email addresses and 2 other computers… and now I don't have any other option, but to buy this game.. Now, that's bit of a problem,cos my
credit and debit cards are all gone , thanx to my shopoholic nature ..

Similarly I've scrounged the net for several other no-brainer games..What I am about to share with you are rare gems of wisdom, which ideally would have been handed down to my daughters , their daughters, their sons and so forth …But since I happen to be this really generous and nice person, I have decided to share my secret de-stressing
no-brainer free games on the net. Nothing is more enriching (?) and rewarding (?) than these games at the end of a stressful dog-eat-dog day in the merciless corporate world.

Read on.. You can thank me later…

My top-5 no-brainer type Net games..

No 5. Hidden objects mysteries games where amongst an assortment of junk, we need to find an apple or a knife or something hideous like a missing tooth. I've never actually solved any mystery completely though ,cos i guess the gaming companies would go out of business if they let me do the entire investigation(read as find all then arcane,mundane,stupidly concealed objects) in one hours time.

No 4. Noah's ark type stuff.. Actually I don't remember the name of the game, as I had started my gaming career with this amateurish game where similar looking animals have to be linked up by creepers before the water fills up the ark …Don't miss this game cos it has the most adorable pigs and hippos in town..;-)

No 3. Bejeweled type games.. Where you have nice, popping, colorful gems that go "clink,clink ,clink" when you make clusters out of them... This game is as arbitrary and random as games can get. It does also give you a sense of achievement of deftly letting the gems go "clink ,clink, clink". In reality, most of the "clink, clink, clink" is not in your control- It happens quite randomly...Nice music though,
especially the "clink, clink, clink" sound.

No 2. Monopoly type games.. Nothing like plain vintage monopoly for expensive time pass like buying up Newyork city or building 3 houses on California ...

And No 1 , as you would have guessed already would definitely go to Build a Lot type games where unlike in real life I am actually a multi-millionaire.

Through these games you can also get to do a lot of things you can't be in real life. I've been a Wedding planner, Cook, investigator, ancient traveler in second century BC, rich tycoon at the roulette table or a Restaurateur.. Just name it and I've done that. Plus If I have a not-so great gaming session, I can always get back the next day and do the same level again. Just save the game and get back when
things are a lot better… That's my take away from all the mindless gaming I've been indulging in… If today's not your day, come back tomorrow and take on life from where you left it…

"Alt F –S" and "Alt F- X" today, if you are down
Double click game of life tomorrow at dawn
And live happily ever after…


Ps: Since i am bankrupt(also read jobless), please donate money to help me buy
build-a-lot on the internet.$ 6.99 only and you can bring back happiness into my life ..You can transfer the money to ABN Amro A/c ***********1908 .. Thanks in
anticipation ;-)

23 comments:

Smita said...

As far as I remember I had said that am a Pro in Pac Man :D

Ab to utna maza ata nahin hai, sigh!!!

avdi said...

Oh I love Bejewelled too. I could play tht for hours. Apart from that I love cards of all kinds..

Tarun Goel said...

For a moment, I thought that you are relly rich but then I realized you are as good as me, I am the king of Age of Empires, undisputed King :)

vimmuuu said...

I remember commenting for this post!! and this time, since I know you a lill more, Im taking the advantage. Get ready for the remixed comment :

"Where the hell are the links to all those games?????" :D

(we shouldnt have met, na? LOL)

Renu said...

can u give me the link of these games? I have lot of free time on my hands:)

Bedazzled said...

smita.. wow , u have an amazing memory ...!! pacman is 1980's stuff ;-) ..upgrade,babe!!

avdi.. i used to play solitaire before .. now, its just online games.. and i love the music of bejewelled !!

Tarun.. got ya !! i have to start Age of empires soon.. all the 12-29 males in my family swear by it ..:-)

Vimmu.. bugger.. u have just become more insolent and a lot more lazier .. Google is thy wingman,dude!!.. ok will post links also ;-)

Renu.. sure..if u want to play the games online goto bigfishgames.com.. u have every conceivable type of game here( u can also download games if u want from this site) .. alternately .. go to google and type out names of all the games mentioned here .. u will get hazzar links !!

Bejewelled : http://www.popcap.com/gamepopup.php?theGame=diamondmine

Monopoly :http://www.download-free-games.com/board_game_download/monopoly3.htm

Noahs Ark : http://www.popcap.com/games/free/noahsark

Build a lot : http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/2095/build-a-lot/index.html

Shayari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shayari said...

Keep it going Miss!! Not an online games freak... But Monopoly as a board game was simply superb! Mumbai was the costliest area then.. And every time I would land in the city with no money to afford the hotel rent :(

Thanks for sharing those links.

tarun said...

I also did the same thing while leaving, mailed all my friends that whoever misses me, just feel free to transfer money to my account :D
I will accept their love :)

oorjas said...

oh i have played the hidden items game..the only thing you get is strained eyes and a headache..

Monopoly is better on board..

bejwelled is like tetris.. i am a pro at that.

i am not very much into games..

rahul said...

very thought provoking post and the money has been tranferred :P

nice blog!!

Bedazzled said...

shayari ..gosh !! u had that mumbai jinx too ?? .. used to happen to me too ;-) .. infact in one game every turn i ended up in mumbai and had to pay up whatever i got by crojas.. i passing start !!

Tarun .. what r friends for anyways .. hee hee .. i hope ppl responded to that mail !!

oorja.. i agree .. i like monopoly on a board .. the same way i prefer scrabble board to online version.. we shud have a bejewelled competition sometime !! .. dont worry i am not a pro or anything !

Rahul ..danks.. welcome here..and thanx for the 90paise i received yesterday..;-)

The Seeker said...

pac man!!!! my most favorite game.... and also me too A haphazardly horrible horrendous writers block cum verbal diarhhoea cum commentor's block too....

Akka, any prescriptions... The last one worked out quite well, watching movies back to back....

Sam said...

hey i cud play only cricket and age of empires :)

Prasad said...

cha!!! i thought ur sooper rich and ask u for a PS3!!!

and oh i play games only on my ps2! these comp games are let me put it as ancient! :P

Pesto Sauce said...

These games were always beyond me....never understood them

Bedazzled said...

bharat.. pacmanaa?? that game is as old as our civilization. sorry no prescriptions - cos i am still stuck too !!

Sam.. i dont like cricket based games..Age of empires is on the agenda ..

ranga.. i havent graduated to PS yet..need to bum it from my cousins and try it out ..

Pesto.. its a whole different world out there.. try them out sometime.. cartloads of fun !!

Divya said...

New template.. nice :) similar to mine na somewhat?

Oh the finding random objects game is such a no brainer.. thats its charm :) just give your mind a rest and do something useless.. that's the fun of it :P

Deeps said...

Am a bit lit in coming here as I'm slightly pressed fr time.
$10,201,400!!!you filthy rich girl!
I echo the rest of the commenters,'links of the games please'!

verbivorehere said...

My eyes just popped out of my socket when i read the first few lines :) am sooo sorry there wouldnt be neone more pathetic in virtual games thn me :)))

Just call me 'A' said...

i play all that you've mentioned and more. I like the finding stuff amongst junk and the adventure ones...I play through wildTangents using wildcoins. does not have a time limit but does have a coin limit..usually about 4 free coins per game. time limit becomes a factor only when you pause and do not resume soon enough.

Haiku Poems said...

many comments r already there.all of this nice.
Invitation letter

Bedazzled said...

Divya.. yep !!this does look like u r s .. used the same link..infact all the games mentioned here are useless types .. just sit back and not think too much !!

deeps .. The link is posted in the comments section rae ...got u also , huh ? hee hee

Verbi.. the beauty abt these games is that u cant suck .. they r so foolproof !! try it out .. ;-)

a .. now i need to explore his wildtangent thingie .. thanks for the input !