Friday, November 27

Sunshine's out,yeah,yeah !!

oh yeah .. am back.. contemplation is for losers..why bother?? ..anyways, i have this habit of spinning/imagining exotic stories about people i don't know too well ..Not that i don't enjoy spinning stories about myself.. i do that too .. a lot !!.. when i was in school i vaguely remember telling kids every year that my dad was getting transferred to some foreign country.. Ok,every year it was a different place.. Canary Island(i have no clue how i knew about this place when i was 10,but i did!),New zealand,Australia .. the list was just so long .. Whenever i changed schools, which was quite often,it was time for the yarn to be out .. and i would spin stories to that could put weavers to shame .. i am amazed how some of those girls i spun such stories to, are decent friends today.. they must have thought that i was a certified weirdo ..

I am fairly ashamed(!!)of myself of being a borderline Voyeur.. ok ,in a way i was .. which sane person imagines weird stories about people they barely knew?...i would wonder about their lives ,relationships,what they wore at home,what shows they watched and weird stuff like that .. when i was a kid the stories obviously were a lot more colorful..now they r slightly boring and staid..limited by an adult imagination..

Once, a cousin and I called ourselves investigators(we had business cards and the works !!)and went around the neighborhood trying to trace a local cleaner who stopped coming to our house to take out the garbage,one fine day.We named her Neelu posi which means water is flowing(i think!) in Telugu..we named her that cos her standard opening line to everyone was .. you guessed it .. Neelu posi !. .. We thought that someone had murdered her... There were so many wild theories we had for her disappearance.. We somehow forgot to think of the fact that the lady was well over 70 and her disappearance could simply have been a case of relocation to another part of town or simply death due to old age... We never found what happened to Neelu posi(We were such sad investigators!!) and the case is still open .. anyone who is interested in investigating her disappearance, let me know, will give u the case notes..So what if they are at least 20 years old !!

Just remember .. The truth is out there !! :-)

11 comments:

WhatsInAName said...

Ha ha. You are my soul sister for sure :D
I too loved to spin stories around people. And I wished to form my own gang of Famous Fives. But nobody trusted me enough to join my gang :( so I was the one man army gee. I did manage to bribe my brother occasionally to assist me :) especially when we visited my father's spooky house in Kerala he he

Bouncing-Bubble said...

this reminds of the times my brother used to just guess what I've been upto the whole day and lie that he's created an intelligent computer which captbeps if I hide something from him.lol.

vimmuuu said...

Neelus posi's granddaughter studied with me ! Do you want me to ask her what happened ???

Btw, what did you imagine about me?? mmm...mmm...tell...tell....ok, not now, on phone, ok??

Spencer L Casey said...

I loved those childhood times with my sister when we created mysteries about our neighborhood. There were aliens living underground and they were sending us messages. Too much fun.

Deeps said...

As I'm getting older my power of imagination is dwindling further,so I've no doubt I'll be sacked out of the investing job in no time. Thanks for the offer though.

However,do let know what happened to Neelu-posi :D

Bedazzled said...

wian.. yayyy!!did u get lost in kumbh mela?? :)..one man army doesnt sounds really sad.. bribing brothers is a kickass idea !!any stories about the spooky house .. tell us !!!!

BB..BB happens to be the way i sign off mails a lot of times , is one of my nick names ! ..and my short signature is also BB .. nyways the computer thingie sounds like good fun

Vimmu.. i don't think neelu posi had any children..u hoax !!! .. i am not telling u anything ..not even on fone !! i mite tell you if u buy me max candy .. so 20 sticks of max candy AND I'LL TELL U !

Spencer.. aliens and messages .. wow !!! i don't know why i wasn't so much into alien conspiracy theories when i was younger.. Now, i am all for it .. just that nobody believes me !

Bedazzled said...

Deeps ...same problem here !!! all i can say is
"Nellu posi , RIP.. you have provided so much entertainment ,speculation and education to people through your absence.. may you get tubs of icecreams and chocolates in heaven..but please let us know what happened to you !!.. will buy an ouja board soon. If you are alive, well , you must be really old and wrinkled..you must contact us so that we can close your case file. I miss u,Neelu posi"

Smita said...

lol!!!

Though I have never been into spinning stories but yes I always think that I would make a good investigator :D

I always have a theory for a mystery & I always think it is correct :D

Angel's Flight said...

As a child I knew that there was a big ghost under my bed...and that mystery still remains unsolved....i know that bugger is still there.....maybe he/she has gotten comfy!!!

btw...my power of imagination remains quite strong, and as I grow older more and more scenarios get added...i better write a book..though i'm sure only i will be reading it :)

Sorcerer said...

hmmm...seems like a job for Mr.Holmes.

thanks for the nice read.
hey and... yeah..hope we would one day find your spinned stories on book shelves.

Bedazzled said...

smita.. even i think u wud make a good investigator..pink panther types!!.. kidding ..

Shalini.. oye,u too .. is still think there is a ghost under my bed and check it before i sleep .. especially when i am alone ;-) .. write write!! i'll buy a copy definately .. btw, why rnt u writing more posts??

sorcerer.. welcome to my world .. and thanx for the lovely comments.. plan A has always been writing a book .. but then what are plan B and C for ,then !! i hope i will b able to publish a novel someday !!