Saturday, December 26

100 shots of Short Challenge ..



I got to know about the 100 shots of shot challenge from Priya's blog and have decided to take it up.I am a huge fan of short stories,but haven't been able to read many these days as novels take up too much of my reading bandwidth.

The Challenge is a simple one – no time limit, no specific titles, just the goal of reading 100 self-picked short stories as and when possible.

I kicked off the challenge with 3 distinctly different short stories..

SHOT 1: The Gift of Maggi by O henry

I was introduced to this lovely story and author by my english teacher in my 8th standard..I have read this story several times in the past and each time the story warms my heart. It's a beautiful Christmas time story about gifting..Beautiful story,told in O Henry's inimitable style.Do read it !!

Catch this story at - The gift of Magi

SHOT 2: A telephone call by Dorothy Parker

I had never read anything by Dorothy Parker and was curious about the story after i read the review on Priya's blog.I wouldn't exactly call it a story ,but a short piece on the emotions a young lady goes through waiting for a phone call.I thought the story was very average and that the wafer thin plot was stretched beyond it's permissible elasticity.However,certain parts of the "story" were relatable!.

Catch this story at- The telephone call

SHOT 3 : How the camel got his hump by Rudyard Kipling

I have never actually read anything by Kipling on my own.I have read a few stories when i was much younger(part of school curriculum) and havent been really hooked on his writing..I really wonder how i missed out on lovely stories this author has to offer.As is evident from the title,this is a story about how the camel got it's hump.. It is soo adorable that you cant stop saying "Soo Cute !!".The story ends with a wacky poem.I am sure to read more of Kipling in the coming days .. !!

Catch this story at - How the Camel got his hump

Next update in couple of days !!! .. Happy reading!!

11 comments:

s said...

such a interesting challenge...love these 3 ..waiting for the next shot...

Sorcerer said...

Need another shot

this one was good!!

bring em on!!

Bedazzled said...

S.. Welcome here.. thanx and next shot coming up sooooon!!

Sorcerer...in couple of days..its good fun !

avdi said...

I have read the first and the third one. This looks do-able, I might take up the challange too.

vimmuuu said...

I'd read the Gift of Maggi as a child ! donno if I would read the other stories, but I will for sure make an effort !

Happy? now get me a cookie ;)

Bedazzled said...

avdi..its fun and very doable

vims..wow,this is the first time u've said i will try reading .. lol!!milk and cookies coming right up !!

Sorcerer said...

Happy New Year!!!

have a fantastic New year

AV said...

thats a cool idea!! hope u complete it soon!!:)

cheers!

Deeps said...

Very intersting challenge! Will pick up your recommendations. I'm really in a mood to revive my reading habits :)

Happy New Year to you and your family,Bhargavi :))

文章 said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,自拍,情色論壇,性感影片,正妹

文章 said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,自拍,情色論壇,性感影片,正妹