Wednesday, September 15

The Malalankey poem



For some strange reason,I have been belting out this silly limerick for the last few days.Sample the piece that has been tormenting me ..

I Willilish I Walalash in a malalankey Lalaland
The lalaland whelalare I walalash Bololon
The malalankey Kililish melalee on malalay cheelilick
And salalaid goodlalabye for lololong...

What it really means is...

I wish i was in monkey land
The land where i was born
The monkey kissed me on my cheek
And said goodbye for long..

It definitely is one of the most perplexing ,silly little poems i have heard..Why would a monkey want to kiss you on your cheek and say goodbye?..Still i keep humming it.And the best part is that it makes me grin every time i say it out loud..its the simplest forms of time travel for me..Takes me back in time into my childhood when at school we used to sing the poem and giggle uncontrollably in physics classes..Do you have some silly little piece that amuses you and makes you want to chuckle like a carefree three-year-old?

13 comments:

verbivorehere said...

:) should tell you the 2nd real song was a much welcome one as opposed to the first lalala version! kudos if u have mastered it..i couldnt even read through! i hav a fav in ma mothertongue which talks about a cat searching for food and finally breaks a milk pot!

PNA said...

We used to giggle giggle go on giggling saying this Malalankey one... and then speak in the p, s, t languages... poor onlookers!

:):) :):)

SG said...

Nice poem. I am glad you are enjoying this.

Bedazzled said...

verbi...once u hear it,it will be simple !!

PNa... i have heard the "t" language .. but never have spoken it .. *grins on the malalankey bit* :-)

SG..Thanks

verbivorehere said...

;) try singing and uploading it

deepsspeakingup said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!

Geeta Mahesh said...

So funny. Sure, you had loads of fun in your physics class.

Bedazzled said...

verbi... good idea!

Deeps ..:)

Geeta.. yeah,we had goof fun !

Punvati said...

A piece me and my dad made up when I couldn't have been more than 5.

Mandela. Africa. Buthalazy. Mahalazy. Maha Saapseedi. Rukumani. Chinna aasai. Periya aasai.

I know it doesn't make any sense but it still cracks us up :P

Bedazzled said...

Divya.. seriously that's a crazy song!!.. Roja movie inspired ?

Punvati said...

Roja, current affairs, random TV shows at that time. All in there. Very random :P

Bedazzled said...

divya .. ah! maha saapseedi..i had even forgottena about it .. madhavan used to host it,na?

Punvati said...

No recollection whatsoever :D