Monday, September 6

Yin Yang ...



Around the same time the mobile decided to disappear,the tv decided that it needed to up its ante as well.It decided to sulk from all the non-attention it had been getting and refused to start like a moody teenager.The first few days my hand involuntarily kept going near the remote,itching to turn it on ,only to realize that the damn bugger was dead due to some strange reason..I missed Agent Rossi(criminal minds) and Alia Khan(Beg Borrow steal),Barney,Marshall,Ted and other folks from "How i met your mother" so intensely that apparently during the first few days i was sulking myself... I ate less and resembled a zombie(again hearsay,so don't totally believe it).

Then something strange happened..We decided not to repair the tv for a while to see how long we could hold out...And I am surprised and puzzled to report that it's Day 40 and I am fine without the idiot box ;-) ..If you ask me its a liberating feeling.. No more remote-control wars or cold wars resulting due to them.. no more setting alarm from the fear of missing shows.. No more aimless channel surfing..No more sulking spouses vying for more attention citing other spouse's disproportionately extra time spent with the box.. I didn't realize that one box not working could have so many benefits.. Yaaayyyyy!!!...I don't think we will get this thing repaired anytime soon..

We tried applying the same logic to our AC ..somehow that didn't work this well ;-)..On another note,i have a nagging feeling that maybe someone's Voodoo-ed our appliances ...they have all been acting strange and conking off...

Voodoo guy/girl.. whoever you are ..Lay off my Laptop!... Else all your hair will fall off and you will go bald in a day !..No ,i mean it..and lay off my dvd player also ,while you are at it !

6 comments:

vimmuuu said...

yeah yeah, as if I am scared !!

ooops !!

Aaarti said...

hahaha... :P

Vimmuuu- knew it.. mallu black magic doer u!! :D

Bedazzled said...

vimmu... u bad-voodo-guy.. count u r hair tonite

rt..:0..protect u r stuff from the black-magik doer

vicious said...

lol ..omg 40 days w/o tv ????
for me its like being stranded on a lonely island !

deepsspeakingup said...

OMG, this is exactly what is happening in my house too. THe cable is completely scrambled, the AC is leaking, my laptop has been giving me signals that it wants to follow suit..aaarrrrgh!! Is this the season??

Bedazzled said...

vicious.. its very doable !!! .. take it from a self-confessed tv addict !!1

deeps..lol!!! poor you .. maybe its the season !!