Wednesday, October 6

Bottle art,anyone?

Sometime back we had decided to stop buying knickknacks for the house because the house that we live in currently is too small for us and has zero storage space.The other reason obviously is that i go berserk when i see cutesy,kitschy stuff.I happened to land up on a whim just 20 minutes before the wrap up of an exhibition in mixed media art by Anjali Venkat and Shetal Parrek and was blown away by the creativity of these two ladies.The exhibition was aptly tiled 'Wood Paper Glass" and showcased quirky decoupaged furniture,trays,diya holders and functional but artistic pieces.Anjali is a glass artist and works out of a lovely studio in Besant Nagar in chennai.

I ended up buying just one piece.I had no clue that a vodka bottle could be used to hold stuff other than alcohol.totally cute,no?.How about a close-up?.

Artist profile and pictures of Anjali's totally drool-worthy work coming up soon..

14 comments:

Sharon Colaco D'Souza said...

What a lovely idea! I want to see more of Anjali's work! Lovely post, Bedazzled:)

SG said...

Nice post. If I am living in Chennai, I would have bought some "stuff" from that exhibition for our living room.

I would certainly love an unopened Stolichnaya Vodka for our bar at home.

Veens said...

Awesome! And I see the Tamil book you are reading there. It is big, I hope you are enjoying it too!

deepsspeakingup said...

Amazing work of art!
BTW double thumbs up to that profile pic of yours :)

Bedazzled said...

Sharon.. Welcome here!.. thanks for the lovely words.. Will post about anjali's work sometime next week

Sj.. I am sure she ships her stuff.will put up the details next week.. So,u r a vodka person,huh?

Veens..thats not the tamil book..its the 2nd volume of blaft anthology.. really good stuff.. will post the review later

deeps..thanks dear.you've been busy for a few weeks huh?

wordsndreamz said...

That's lovely bedazzled! It is amazing how pretty a bottle of vodka could look ;)

And I second Deeps - lovely profile pic!

LindyLouMac said...

It is always interesting how old things such as bottles can be reused.I used to have a large collection of old bottles when we lived in the UK. I have kept a few favourites which I use to display flowers.
Thankyou also for your comment on The Girls to which I have now replied.

A said...

Very nice idea....

Bedazzled said...

Words.. thanx on both the counts :-)

Lindy ..I love keeping flowers in old bottles too .. especially in green wine bottles!

A..Thanks

pinashpinash said...

I know whether it was the same two ladies but there were in Hyd a couple of months back and it was bottle art... Looked so beautiful to actually see bottles reused for holding stuff...

saw it in the newspaper and I'm looking forth for an exhibition to buy some.. I go beserk too...

and I see we have a pic :)

Happy reading
Good day to you

Patricia Torres said...

Well done.. thats an amazing post.. and an awesome idea.. !!

Bedazzled said...

Pins.. really? they were satying that they did a bit of exhibitions...there were lots more of pretty stuff.. i didnt take my camera along:-(

Patricia..thanks !

Sound Horn Please said...

Wow! What an amazing idea! Lovely post- I can't wait to see the next post on these 2 talented ladies. Btw, I'm from Madras too. I'm going to get their contact deets from you the next time I'm in India to pay them a visit :) As is apparent from my blog- I love everything that has the words Indian and Kitschy, if they are strung together in the same product- even better! Thanks for introducing me to Anjali :)

Bedazzled said...

Sound horn ..I am loving u r artist series.. hopefully i'll get the post on anjali out soon..oh,thanks:-)