Saturday, October 30

NaNoWriMo and a rejection slip ..

November is National Novel Writing Month(NaNoWriMo)Participants who sign up for the write-a-thon need to finish writing a 50,000 word novel in the next 30 days. Daunting? Definitely yes, but 2000 words a day is actually doable if someone is really driven.In short that someone is not me.I am taking the easier way out and thinking of joining NaNoReaMo,which is Natalie's Novel reading month.The goal is 3 books a week and 12 books for the month,which is equally mind boggling.I don't think i have read more than 8 books in a single month.So maybe,i'll just do BeUnSweEaMo-Bedazzled's Unlimited Sweets Eating month. No quantitative goals here ..Eat all you can!:-)

Btw,any of you planning to sign up for NaNoWriMo or NaNoReaMo?

On another note, what you see below is the rejection slip from Essanay Film Manufacturing company which was in existence from 1907-1925.The company was famous for its Charlie Chaplin movies..Note point 17- "Robbery,Kidnapping,Murder,suicide,harrowing death-bed and all scenes of unpleasant nature should be eliminated."Wonder how many rejection slips they had to send considering the fact that most milkable "negative" themes have been ruled out !



Oh,have a wonderful weekend!

13 comments:

wordsndreamz said...

I had not planned to sign on to any 'NaMo..' thingy :) Certainly not the novel writing one, for sure, but I would mind the reading one or the eating one:) The unlimited eating one is already in practice, so it should not be a big problem :)

That rejection slip and the clauses for rejection are so interesting!

A said...

Did not even know about it. Thanks for telling us. But no plans. Traveling a lot in Nov.

Bedazzled said...

words..lol on the eating one already in practice.

A.. have fun travelling !

Nautankey said...

LOL...the 17th point was good :)

Geeta said...

Nice one on the rejection. I like 'Idea has been done before'.

I doubt I can do any of your unlimited challenges. Write - no way, Read - used to be able to , not anymore, Eat - very capable, but should not.

Bedazzled said...

nauts..:)

geeta..i know eat-should not applies to me also.. but i normally choose to ignore it :-)

Veens said...

I can join you for BeUnSweEaMo. :)
And that rejection slip is funny!

SG said...

Nyet Nyet I ain't doing nothing that sort. I am just taking rest in my office after my exhaustive vacation.

deepsspeakingup said...

Count me in for BeUnSwEaMo :P :P. The clause on the rejection slip quite interesting!

Aarti said...

Hey
Am planning on doing the NaNoWriMo this month..lets see how far i go :D

The reading club sounds very interesting, gonna go chk it out!!

Bedazzled said...

Veens .. :-) .. i know BeUnSweEaMo will be a huge hit :-)

SG.. u r backk ?? how was u r trip ?

Deeps.. lol

Arti..oh,cool. I have signed up for the writing thing too.

AJai said...

Writing a novel in a month??? Hmmmm... I've read of some guys writing their books in a week and all. But that's like when you're 'in the zone'. It's not happening right now... so i'll compete with you for that sweet eating competition. :-)
how many kilos did u say we have to eat? 50? 2 kgs per day??? ;-)

Bedazzled said...

Ajai..lol .. i am having stiff competition in this sweet eating thing!! unlimited kilos :-) thats why its called unlimited sweet eating month !!