Sunday, February 20

Two from the Penn series

"Penn" means woman in Tamil.I am doing a series of Mixed Media Art paintings on Indian women in different situations. Sneak peak of two of the paintings from that series.



"Sumati ". 8X11.5 Acrylic and pen on paper. Embellishments,decoupaged elements on a newspaper background. Sumati is a prototype of a "Perfect Tamil" girl in terms of physical appearance(a rare breed these days). Sumati's proportions and facial features are slightly distorted to give a whimsical feel.



" Macchli Rani". Meaning "Queen of Fishes". 8X11.5 Acrylic and pen on paper with decoupaged elements. Initially, I didn't Intend the painting to look Andy Warhol-ish with pop art influences in it,but finally succumbed and added the retro-looking circles.The photo frame hanging is another story altogether.:-)

I'm working on getting giclee prints of my work and will soon be listing them on my Etsy shop.. Yeah,I'm going Etsy!.Just waiting for some issues to be sorted on my Paypal account. Next instalment of more in the series soon.

Have a great week,everyone.

14 comments:

A said...

Wow. You are very good at it. Mail me some.

Casey Freeland said...

Totally digging all the Warhol in your second picture. I love it.

Cheers,

Casey

Madhu said...

When i read Penn, I was thinking you intended to write something about kal Penn (that Kalpen guy who likes to call himself Kal Penn).

By the way, loved your art.

Vibha said...

These paintings are lovely. How many do you plan to make in this series?

Smita said...

U made them?? wow!!!

The 2nd paiting is very good!

Bedazzled said...

Thanks for the comments,guys.I am caught up with some stuff ,so am not able to visit your blogs.Will come visit you guys soon. Thanks for dropping by..

Bedazzled said...

Vibha.. I have 3 more done.Planning another 2.

Madhu..It did strike me that people might allude the post to something about Kal Penn.

Geeta said...

Congratulations on your Etsy venture.

Keep us posted. Those are beautiful. You are good at it.

Suko said...

Your mixed media Penn paintings are dazzling!

Priya Iyer said...

wow! awesome paintings! you made them?? lady, you are good! :)

i liked the first one. :)

lifeunderthesky said...

Its time for a tutorial! Cool art work!

Bedazzled said...

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments! .

Life.. I really have no idea how to do a tutorial on this.. its just a collage with some painted elements ;-)

Jyoti said...

Thats a great talent dear.. Thanks for ur comment on my cake.. I am a fan of Madhuram's site.. She is an inspiration in Eggless Baking!

Bhargavi said...

Jyoti..Thanks.I agree that MAdhuram's blog is a treasure trove!!