Wednesday, April 13

Doors..

This post is going to be chock-a-bloc full of pictures- pictures of doors that caught my fancy in Pondicherry . I have always had a fascination for French architecture and the colonial houses in the White town in Pondicherry.They are delightful and uplift your spirit in a strange way...Love the whites ,tans ,yellows and earthy tones of the houses here. Did i mention that Pondicherry is one of my favorite places on earth?With no further yakking,let me allow the photos to talk to you ;-)



It's not an embassy or some Govt building.Just a house that has normal people living in it ..I would love to live inside a house like that ...Love it !.



The most colorful building on the street. Ah,so charming!



Another lovely one...




Isn't this doorknob just gorgeous?



My favourite of them all....A round door!. Wonder what it would be like to live in a round house? Must be better than living in a house with a round door,I think ;-).



An old colonial house ...



We're having the elections in TN today and am off to cast my vote. Have a super week,people.

14 comments:

Smita said...

The round door is most fascinating!!!

Jyoti said...

Good ones.. Perhaps, you should come down to dublin.. here the georgian doors are famous.. Guess what, I am thinking of doing a post about it too..

Too inspired!:D

Cheers

Suko said...

These are gorgeous shots. I love doors, too, from an artistic standpoint and also in a metaphoric sense: they represent an entrance of some sort, as well as protection.

Bhargavi said...

Smita.. yeah,they are

Jyoti.. oh wow! I should,..Do your post soon ...:-)

Suko.. Thanx.I guess doors fascinate me mainly because i wonder what's behind them.. They are so mysterious and revealing in a strange way ..

Asha said...

Pondi houses and doors beautifully captured.

Pondi is my fav place too and I go there often.

LindyLouMac in Italy said...

Lovely post, did you notice I love doors and have featured them on News From Italy?

A said...

Awesome pictures. Good idea :))

Bhargavi said...

Asha..Thanks.Pondy is my favorite place too

Lindy .. Really?. Let me go check it now..wondering what Italian doors are like..

A ..thanks

Shayari said...

Puducherry I heard is still very French in its ways! :)

A refreshing post there Gal!

Bikramjit Singh Mann said...

loved the door remind me of old mettalic BIg doors We have in our vilalge and our house there .. lovely

Bikram's

Bedazzled said...

Shayari.. thanks.Yup,it so delightfully,refreshingly French.you must visit.

Bikram.. Do post the pic if you can.

lifeunderthesky said...

cool! the round door reminds me of Bilbo Baggin's hobbit hole:)

Violet said...

gorgeous pics, it reminds me a bit of Goa.

Bhargavi said...

Life.. ah,hobbit hole.so aptly put!

Violet..In a way Pondicherry has the same bohemian spirit that Goa has..