Monday, April 4

This and that..

Wasn't the India Vs Srilanka finals a nerve racking match?.I had quit following cricket matches because i get really worked up and pace around with tension. Well,my old habit is now!. Everytime Dhoni or Gambhir went after a loose ball, my heart lept into my throat and that's when i realised how nerve-wracking it would have been for the players out in the field trying to fight back.The last 2 weeks I've been going off on mini-vacations and have loads of pics of Tirunelveli,Madurai,Dakshin Chitra and Pondicherry to share. Yeah,that's a lot of travel in 2 weeks ;-)..

Finally,picture of Sunflower girl painting that I did sometime back. Summer to me has always been synonymous with Summer hols. This painting was inspired by a trip to a sunflower field. I have a vivid memory of running through the field with my hair streaming all over the place. and the wind blowing softly,almost caressing my cheeks. I am talking of something that happened when I was 4-5 years old.Crazy how you remember the most obscure things,no?.


Acrylic on canvas.8X10

Have a super week ahead...

13 comments:

Geeta said...

Can't wait to see your vacation pictures.

Its nice to see you bring your inspirations from real life to all your art work.

Asha said...

Loving painting!. Yes, though we grow up some memories stay with us. I want to see the pics of dakshinchitra and my fav place pondi.

Bikramjit said...

Lucky you.. getting to visit so many places I would give anything to be in ur shoes :)

the picture is beautiful ..

Bikram's

lifeunderthesky said...

The Sunflower girl looks beautiful! Share the pics of your trips if possible!

Madhu said...

Beautiful girl.

A said...

You are an artist. Sunflower girl is beautiful.

Suko said...

Beautiful artwork! I could see her in your blog header.

Bhargavi said...

Geeta..Thanks.coming soon !

Asha.. Thanks for dropping by.Strangely in so many years I've lived in chennai,this was my first visit to Dakshin chitra !

Bikram..Grass is always green on the other side ;-). But yeah,its good to travel

Vidhya,Madhu,A..Thanks fr your kind words.

Suko..Ah,now that's an idea.Thanks!!

Smita said...

Oh yes, matches can be nerve wrecking!! But we finally did it :)

And the paiting is lovely!! As I was commenting in Usha's post I said teh same thing, it is these small small things which we remember forever & they make the memories memorable :)

Bhargavi said...

Smita.. ha ha ha! we did.. Thanks.

Anil P said...

It was nerve wracking for sure, but am glad we came through in the end.

Bhargavi said...

Anil.. yeah !

Adi Crazy said...

Beautiful! Love her eyes :)