This post has been in the offing for a while now..I should have done it sometime back, but being the routine procrastinator that I am (lazy,lazy me..) , I have been putting it off. A big thank you to Meera , Deeps and Uma for being so sweet and giving me the Versatile blogger award. Thanks so much, ladies.. Lately, I've discovered so many wonderful new bloggers and want to pass this award to both veterans (who have already got this award many times, I am sure) and blogs I've started following recently ( some of them don't even know that I exist!).
The rules of the award are as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for the award (Thanks Deeps, Uma and Meera)
2. Nominate 15 other bloggers and inform them of the same
3. Share 7 Random facts about yourself
4. Add the Versatile Blogger Award picture to your Blog Post
I'd like to pass this award to..
Jyoti - Her blog is the veritable amalgam of foodie and bookish posts. Everytime I visit her space, I am drooling uncontrollably !And I am not even talking about her awesome photographs here ..
Vidya - A mommy blogger who is very popular. Her posts about the "V" family antics are totally "aww..." inducing.
Hema - A book blogger whose blog is a haven for book-lovers like me. It does help that she reads a lot of chick-lits and her recos are awesome.
Asha - A veteran blogger who writes meaningful, informative posts(a lot of them are about culture). So many of her posts have been chosen by blog adda.
Smita - One of my oldest readers! Smita's blog needs no introduction and her popularity( 400+ followers) is a testament to that. Her book reviews and posts about her lil' one are a delight to read. I wonder how she manages motherhood, juggles a day job , reads a tonne of books and manages to keep her blog updated..
Divya - A new mommy whose posts are delightful and spunky. Just hoping that she gets time to write more.
Divya - Her sense of humour rocks and how! Another extremely popular blogger who needs no introduction. Too bad I started reading her blog only recently.
Violet - A book-blogger whose podacasts are super fun. A must visit for bibliophiles.
Disha - A new blogger who I started reading recently.Her posts are super fun!
popgoesthebiscuit - A blogger I recently discovered, whose posts I relate to immensely. Head over to her space and spread some TLC,guys.
Bikram - Who doesn't know Bikram's blog? He's just everywhere..His blog posts and photographs are just awesome. A super- networker ,I wonder how he manages to churn out so many posts and visit our blogs so regularly.
Manasi - A best selling author and a mommy blogger whose posts I love reading.Wish she would write more!
Inba - She doesn't know that I exist , but I've been a faithful reader for sometime now. Her posts are witty and full of humour. Another blogger who I wish would blog more.
Madhu - I head to Madhu's blog when I need my daily fix of awesome photographs. A blog started I following recently.
Shalini - A blogger whose photographs and posts are warm and personal. Perfect accompaniment to a cup of chai.
Oh, I could go on and on.. and list out a zillion blogs I enjoy reading. I would have also loved to pass the award back to Uma, Deeps and Meera because these are bloggers I enjoy reading, but wonder if that is allowed ;-)
Now , the most difficult part of this award..7 random things about myself.
1. I am a huge foodie and love anything sweet.At buffets, I always start out with deserts and then make my way towards the main courses.Weird right?
2. I am too blunt for my own comfort. If i don't like something, I won't mince my words and be nice for the heck of it .This has often got me into loads of trouble and is something I really want to change about myself.
3. I love collecting books(and reading them). My dream home is one which has wall to floor shelves all filled with books and ... more books.
4. I love colours , but strangely Black and white are my favorites. I am a gemini and such contradictions pop up very frequently( baffling me routinely).
5. I abhor creepy crawlies of any proportion and refuse to co-exist with them. First on the hit list are lizards- eeeks! (ditto, Uma!)
6. I am a smell junkie and fall in love with anything that has notes of vanilla in it easily. My perfumes, lotions, candles, room fresheners,pot-potpourri -everything that has a smell associated with it has vanilla in it.
7. I was a tomboy (and a certified nerd) in school, but over the years have realized that I am more girly that I would want to admit.However, I still can't hold a conversation about make-up techniques or accessories for more than 3 minutes.
Phew.. That was tough! Now a round of applause to everyone..