Friday, January 20

Yay! finally..

I grew up devouring Mills and Boons at such alarming rates that at one point my dad was concerned about my bankrupting him . I haven't read an M& B in ages , but  still have fond memories of  curling up all night and tucking into stories of blue-eyed Timothy having a steamy escapades with blonde Lucy and such like. And now.. I have my own version of Timothy and Lucy (just that they aren't blue-eyed or eat scones for  breakfast or are blonde)  going into print this weekend.My first novella will hopefully hit the bookstores by Valentine's day!My publisher just sent me a snapshot of what the cover would look like  and I thought I'd share it with you guys. 


So yeah, "Seven across" is the name of the book .. and is a desi romance novella. Hell, ya..that's my name on the cover ! I wrote this book when rejections were pouring in for my novel and a strange feeling of unrest gripped me through the one month I wrote this book in. A year later, this baby is ready to be born and I feel like a  new mother , all anxious and jittery.

The blurb behind the book reads.. 


Small town girl Ramya finds the big city fascinating, especially so her boss Abhay. A make-over cannot erase her essential persona, but the attractive Thomas does make her feel the first stirrings of a romance. Abhay and Thomas are good friends, yet the undercurrents are far from positive. The two share a tormented history and Ramya discovers there is more to both men than meets the eye. Thomas does make her heart beat faster and Abhay is not what he seems. Yet Ramya feels the pull of attraction to Abhay as well. 


Who is Mr. Right?

The book will be available on Flipkart and IndiPlaza online and at bookstores like Landmark, Higginbothams , Connexions etc. Indiplaza will probably run a Valentine's day offer ,where you can order the book at a deep discount.You can find more info about the Red Romance imprint of Desi romances on the Publisher's website (www.pageturnpublisher.com).

Please order the book,spread the word around on blogosphere... and save a starving(!), impoverished(!!) writer ;-). Oh, another thing.. I don't have an FB page for the book yet and am using the much-neglected and bastardized personal account for all communication regarding the book. So if you are on FB, please add me on..Gosh! I am sounding more impoverished by the minute.

Edited: You'll find the link to my FB page on the sidebar. I figured how to do this after my drama!As far as technology is concerned ,I am clueless and am starting to turn into my parents!


53 comments:

Bikramjit said...

Congratulationnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnsssssssssssssssssss..

the cover of the book looks very impressive.. the couple look cute ..

all the best and will forward this too.. do you mind if i put this link on my blog

Bikram's

Bhargavi said...

Thanks a tonne! Of course, i don't mind.I am thrilled that you even offered..

Jyoti said...

Congrats Bhargavi.. I will surely buy this one at full price..

All the best!

Bikramjit said...

Thanks.

Locomente said...

Hey its a gr8 feeling to conceive an idea... Jot it down as a book and finally publishing it... A blog post itself makes us feel so content. So... The pleasure of penning a book!!! Congrats yaar... Be ready for the stardom!!!

Exciting Songs (ES) said...

Congrats... I am not much into fiction these days. Actually, I have never read even a single M&B! But looking at the theme of this book, I guess it could be useful for a lot of people like me! :) Anyway, wishing you all the best for the success of this novel...

Uma said...

wowow Bhargavi, congratulations...
so, I know a person who's gonna be famous soon...:-)
Loved the cover and the story seems intriguing enough..all the very best!

DeEpAK KaRtHiK (420) said...

Vazthukkal :)
book cover looks cool :)
good luck for future works :)
DeepaK

Ava Suri said...

Congrats Bhargavi.. Hope the book sells like hot cakes. I will buy too.

Disha said...

Congrats!! Desi M&B sounds v exciting. Am sure it'll rock!

Punam said...

Congrats Bhargavi.. came here through Bikram's blog. This is quite an achievement. Way to go, girl!! I will definitely buy the book.. M&B have been my favourite.. crazy faves. :)

Smita said...

congrats my dear. This is one of the bestest news that i've heard in recent times. So happy for you :) psst! Both the deliveries happening around same time? Btw, the cover looks so contemporary :)

Amrit said...

Wow. Congratulations....

I am so proud of you. I can claim I know one more celebrity.

Will do the right thing :))

Harman said...

to shy to comment lolzzzzzz
Awww ,,at last I gained some strength to say something..
Congrats and its best thing that can happen ...
all the best !!
thanks to bick our buddy for sharing this!
regards

Suko said...

Wow! Many congratulations! How exciting!!

Asha said...

aWWWWWWWWWWWesome bhargavi, congrats. Will be spreading the word.

yes open a page exclusively for 'Seven across' and most of us will share your FB page, so that many can like it and the word will spread around.Too happpy for you and waiting to lay my hands on it soon.

Bhargavi said...

Thanks jyoti

Bhargavi said...

Oh, the drama i went through to see this day.. I am just glad to see the name on the cover more than anything else :-)

Bhargavi said...

Thank you for your kind words!

Bhargavi said...

Thanks Uma.. This does means a lot to me for totally different reasons!

Bhargavi said...

Thanks for dropping by , Deepak.

Bhargavi said...

Thanks,Ava for the lovely wishes. I am overwhelmed, seriously !

Bhargavi said...

Hope so, dear.Thanks!

Bhargavi said...

Thank you ,Punam. Bikram is a saviour !

Bhargavi said...

Thanks,Smita. The novel will release sometime around the delivery.. So, hopefully, three deliveries ;-)

Bhargavi said...

Amrit.. Bah, what celebrity.. Thanks!

HArman..why shy? Thanks for dropping by and sharing your lovely words.

Bhargavi said...

Thanks Suko..

Bhargavi said...

Thanks,Asha. I am wondering if i should do a book page, because I need to open another one when the other book gets published.

Punvati said...

You wrote a book!? Congrats! :)

Meera Ganesh said...

Lady, I promoted your book and got a blog post out of it. Congratulations. Btw, commission unda?

http://meeraganesh.wordpress.com/2012/01/20/we-have-a-published-author-in-our-midst/

Bhargavi said...

As much as it sounds weird, yes. Thanks.

Bhargavi said...

Thanks a bunch!Commission ellam illa, but i promise you this- when you write yours, I'll definitely help you beat this rejection conundrum (if not anything else !)Thanks !

jojofeelings said...

Loads and loads of congratulations. You are surely living my dream right now.....
great going! and am so going to buy this book.

plus, meera has committed you to a lot, so don't be surprised if i bug you to get my book published, once it's over and you are already on the bestseller list! :)

Rajlakshmi said...

congratulations :D

PeeVee™ said...

OMG, the guy is so cute!!

Having said that, congratulations:) Indeed a great achievement for having converted your dream into tangible form :)All the very, very best to you.

As for M&B, we have a long history together, though I haven't read any Indian versions yet. SHould be interesting, to say the least:)

Bhargavi said...

Jojo..Thanks for dropping by and thanks a bunch for the kind words. Will definitely do whatever I can to help out..

Bhargavi said...

Thanks!

Bhargavi said...

Lol! I was hoping someone would say that .. when noone did, i wondered if it was just me :-).. Thanks for the lovely words.

Rachna said...

Came here from Bikram's. hey all the best and a big Congrats. Wish you all success and maybe I will pick it up :).

Someone is Special said...

congrats Bhargavi.. :-)

Someone is Special

♫♪♥PhilO♥♪♫ said...

Congratulations :) Will surely check out your book. I'm sure it will be worth a read :)
Most of us, bloggers, long to publish a book. And you did it.
I hope someday I do too.
Can you please let me know about any publishers? I mean only if you can.
Once again, Congrats :) Hope your book goes a long long way :)

Bhargavi said...

Thank you from dropping by and for the lovely wishes .. I hope you will :-)

Bhargavi said...

Thanks !

Bhargavi said...

Philo,thanks. Good luck getting your book published. Shoot me a mail to Writetobedazzled@gmail.com and I'll try to give you whatever info I can.

Rachit said...

Congratulations Bhargavi! It's great and almost more than a dream to see your own book out to the people. It's like a conglomeration of distinct thoughts turning into a story for everyone to read!
As a blogger myself I can imagine what it feels like. Sure read and my good wishes. :)

Bhargavi said...

Thanks Rachit! Yeah, you said that perfectly.. its more than a dream to see one's own words in a book. Thanks for dropping by !

Mithlash said...

Congrats..!!!

Bhargavi said...

Thanks !

Harsha said...

First time on your blog! :) Many many congratulations for the book! :):) I keep dreaming about writing a book and you actually did it! It's really awesome that you've come up with your own book. :)The cover looks cute. I'll surely buy whenever I find it on the racks :)

Best wishes!

Bhargavi said...

Thanks, Harsha! Welcome here.. Keep your dreams alive and someday they'll come true :-)

phatichar said...

Great..getting a copy today. :)

Congrats !!

Bhargavi said...

Phatichar..Thanks! It's not yet out..Once it is available, will be updating the details on the blog..

Anu thati said...

wow.. congrats, will get my copy today..