Tuesday, June 18

When I grow up...




So many books to read.. Wish there were more hours in a day to read them all. I remember when I was a kid all I wanted to do was to work for a library. Reason being , I would get to read books everyday for free. The more I think about this , the more I feel that I should have probably done just that. Only childhood can let us unravel desires so uncomplicated and full of passion. I also remember how a friend and I co-wrote a book of short stories (on pink chart paper with sketch pen) and tried to sell them to people in our colony. I was probably 10 years old then. At that point, all I wanted to do was to write stories. 20 years later I still want to do that. The more I look at pink chart papers , the more appealing the idea of writing stories on that becomes ;)

Sadly , I never wanted to be an astronaut or a circus clown or an actor.Wonder why ,though! But I am just happy that I didn't harbor grand ambitions of cracking the IITs or becoming a doctor or a bureaucrat.I know of so many kids that have said that when an aunt or uncle as them , "So what do you want to be when you grow up?" I remember saying ,"Nothing!"

 What did you want to be when you were a kid?

3 comments:

Smita said...

A teacher :D

But hey u r living ur dream and thats cool re :)

Uma said...

wow, you wanted to write a book even at that young an age?! And, see, you've accomplished that :-)
You already know where I stand in this matter.. :-(

Bhargavi said...

Smita.. seriously? that is so cool.. I am not yet living my dream , dear .. :)


Uma.. Meaning you wanted to write a book too when you were a kid? wowie!