Sunday, March 30

My Writing Process blog Tour : Meet two fabulous writers!


I started interacting with Roopa Menon, author of  Pyar aur Poetry over Goodreads. I jumped at the idea of reading her novella and  my first e-book( yeah, I am a dinosaur  like that) as I had heard great things about the book. My interest was piqued and 30,000 or so words later, I realised that I thoroughly enjoyed reading her book! 
Read my review here http://bedazzledeternally.blogspot.in/2014/03/pyar-aur-poetry-by-roopa-menon.html
Catch some of the lovely reviews her book has got here http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18138065-pyar-aur-poetry
She blogs at http://sylviaramblings.wordpress.com/. Do drop by her space to read about her writing process J  
The questions:
1)      What am I working on?
I have five different manuscripts in different levels of completion. The  one closest to completion is a mystery novel. Hopefully, it should be done in the next two months. The next project would be to complete all the other pending manuscripts J  
2)       How does my work differ from others of its genre?
My first book Seven Across was a romance novella and the second one , The Crossover Year was a chick-lit novel. Though, I don’t really like slotting my books into a particular genre, I do acknowledge the fact that the slotting helps readers discern whether they’d want to read the book or not. I have been  told that both my books have protagonists who are strong and  relatable, and that I have been able to infuse humour into the narratives. I think I am just another writer itching to tell stories that are floating in my head.
3)      Why do I write what I do?
The Crossover Year was born out of my own frustration at being in a dead-end job that I really didn’t enjoy. However, the plot line is purely fictional. I can never think of participating in a Homemaker contest or watching a silly saas-bahu serial. Seven Across was written when I was having trouble getting The Crossover Year published and Ramya ( Seven across’s protagonist) is actually very similar to Anu (The Crossover Year’s protagonist) in many ways. They come from the same backgrounds and think pretty much in the same way. I have been playing around with other genres as well in the past few years, yet women’s fiction is something that I will always be interested in , both in writing and reading . I am also itching to write a book involving fantasy and paranormal elements.
  4)      How does my writing process work?
I  always start with a detailed plot outline( which keeps changing) before I start writing. With the first two books , I wrote the first draft with not many changes, but increasingly I find that the concept of first draft doesn’t hold any meaning to me. I keep reviewing what I have written and make changes as I keep writing. For the book I am writing currently ,I have already gone over the first 15k words around four or five times. My protagonists have changed drastically, but I am satisfied with the current iteration and will probably re-write it only at a later point.   

Thanks for tagging me, Roopa . Now a bit about  the two lovely writers I am tagging..

Privy Trifles aka Namrata  is a lovely girl who blogs at http://www.privytrifles.co.in/ and has published short stories in three interesting anthologies by talented writers . She is an I-banker by profession and a certified bibliophile.She is also a dancer and wears many hats.   

Time’s lost Atlas from Half-baked bean publishing.


With 12 stories encompassing 12 major events of the last decade, this anthology is a concoction of tragedy, romance, mystery and thriller, brewed to perfection to ensure a nail biting experience.


This book collects twenty five chosen stories with an act of kindness worth telling.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18688084-25-strokes-of-kindness

Buy it on Amazon.in http://bit.ly/1oe9JkW

Stories for your valentine
Beautiful heart touching stories of the winners of the Red Romance contest 2013


Wishing you loads of success and looking forward to your full-length novel. And also to reading your books :) 

 https://www.facebook.com/privy.trifles

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Kirti Jayakumar is a bundle of energy and a multi-tasker par excellence. She is a lawyer , writer , UN volunteer, social-media marketer, co-founder of www.redelephantfoundation.org and does many more interesting things that makes my head whirl. Girl, where do you find time for all these things?  She blogs at http://www.kirthijayakumar.blogspot.in/  

Her latest offering is a book of short stories called Stories of Hope.  


Stories of Hope is a collection of short stories. Each tale narrates the journey of a thin red line of hope that fights through adversity. Right from the heart of Nazi Germany in the thick of the holocaust to the collapse of the regime in Egypt in 2011, from the story of hunger in the core of Africa to the tale of Palestine's recognition as a state, there are stories that celebrate the resilience of the Human Spirit. Stories of Hope is a celebration of Hope and a celebration of the undying human spirit of resilience.  


She’s co-authored another book called Love Me Mama


There’s a strong and well-proven link between parental favoritism and the abuse suffered by the unfavored child. Love Me Mama: The Unfavored Child will resonate with parents and adults around the world. This book is a story of an unfavored child called Victoria. Vicky suffered because of the favoritism her mother showed among her four children, discriminating against Vicky. The difficulties of life led Vicky to build a wall of defense around her. The book takes you through the life that Vicky faced before she emerged successful.
Buy your copy here

Check out her FB page https://www.facebook.com/storiesofhopebykirthijayakumar

Looking forward to reading your books, Kirti. Wishing you oodles of luck and more hours in a day to do all the other things you want to :) 

Passing on the baton to both of you now and looking forward to discovering more writers :)  

Stay tuned for more author profiles.. If you'd like to be featured ,write in to me and we'll work something out!  











2 comments:

Aarti V Raman said...

Hey Bhargavi, interesting approach to the blog..such detailed intros! And what a proper process. And I thought I was organized! :P All the best with all your projects, hope to catch up with you soon :)

Bhargavi said...

Thanks for writing in :)I guess I wasnt this organised when I started out, but now I've realised that its a neccessity to ensure that the re-writing phase doesnt give me too much trauma. Good luck to you too. Cheers